Friday, February 23, 2007

If the Shoe Fits Not - My "Dream Mischief"

The Imelda Marcos* Shoe Collection:
Asia Source II Style
*Historical trivia: Imelda Marcos is the former Philippine First Lady who is well-known for her extensive and extravagant shoe collection, which were discovered in the presidential palace when the family was forced into exile duirng the 1986 People Power (EDSA) Revolution. This "bloodless" revolution installed the country's first woman president, Corazon "Cory" C. Aquino.

One of the sights that fascinated me during the camp is this parade of shoes, sandals, slippers, flip-flops, and what-have-yous at the footsteps of the camp hall where we had our daily morning circles, track presentations, speed-geeking, and all those dynamic social activities.

I once asked myself, "what would happen if I mix these all up while everybody's inside?" It was a "dream mischief" that haunted me - almost to the point of compulsion - everytime I see this footwear line-up.

What could have been the reactions if confronted with the situation of not able to locate his/her footwear because of the crazy mix-up? An how I would have enjoyed looking at them from afar. Well, it remained as a dream, as I have said. If not, I could have been labelled as the "camp footwear GILA", if not worse. Note: GILA is the Indonesian word for crazy.

Let's play a game: Count the number of footwear pairs that you see in the picture and post your answers in the blog. So, how many can you see and count? The winner gets... a pair.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're a gila alright! :D

I saw my red shoes far up. But who's got the biggest shoes? That means he's got the biggest... feet! ;)

Magie
http://gaffud.com