Saturday, February 24, 2007

Feeding Our Friendships and Common Interests

Events bring people together... familiar... closer. But events end and we say goodbye and go home. Nope, we rather say, "see you again soon."

Going back to events, they come in myriad forms - conferences and fora, musicals and dances, trainings and yes, camps. I can and will never forget one camp - Asia Source II.

Asia Source II is a camp of love and freedom. People came from different nations - of different cultures, of different beliefs and yet, people are united with one common interest - Free/Open Source Software (FOSS) - and a multitude of plans for a more progressive world.

"Veni, vidi, vici", exclaimed by Julius Ceasar in 47 BC for his victory. I came, I saw, I conquered was what I felt exactly. I was given this great opportunity to attend and I came. I saw for myself the individuals who now are my tutors and my friends. I was able to conquer my own fears and apprehensions to be part of a greater truth and make a big difference in the lives of everyone within my reach. Geographical borders will not put a stop to my reaching out to others. My involvement has narrowed my personal digital divide and has become a growing crusade to do it for others, too. Empowerment at its best!

I have gone home but not alone. I now have a world of friends. And what does food have to do with this? Well, good food nourishes our bodies. We meet our friends in food places. We enjoy each other's company with food around.

So, what's my point then? Yes, food like knowledge can be enjoyed at its fullest only if it is shared among friends. Then, it totally nourishes not only the body but also the spirit.

Have food, anyone?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

good food with good friends ends with good talk....

Unknown said...

the pictures look good...i think im somewhere at the back??? hehe...dreaming....

Unknown said...

Masarap ang oysters (Oysters are del.icio.us) anytime, anywhere

Unknown said...

Good, muito bem amigo continua assim sempre de familia em Timor-Leste e cumprimentus para voces tudos.

Abraco de Timor-Leste
Lemi

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!